L-KOPIA / LKO Load Measuring System
The L-KOPIA/LKO Clearance Laser Systems and software programs have achieved very significant results in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and Mexico. The hy-rail or track vehicle system has become the benchmark for measurement of structures clearance, track centers, ballast volume, ballast profile together with track video and GPS location measurement as well.
The missing element has been an assurance that trains are loaded correctly and maintain the required profile or gauge during their journey. At the request of our clients, this well proven clearance measurement system has now been further developed, to monitor load profiles.
The L-KOPIA/LKO Load Measuring System can be specified to varying degrees of sophistication depending on client requirement. It will range from a basic load measurement system, suitable for scanning an oversize or unusual load in a workshop location, through to a full wayside installation.
The laser system meets the following operating criteria;
• scanning speed from 9,600 to 43,200 points/sec (up to 20 Hz,)
• general accuracy of 10 mm root mean square on individual points
• high resolution (one point every 0.125 – 0.375 degrees)
• available to scan 360 degrees
• has a measuring range from 0-210 feet (0-70 meter).
• the system is 100% eye safe (Laser Class 1)
• the system is capable of operating in darkness and full daylight.
• the laser unit is light, compact and temperature controlled.
• vehicle speed while scanning – up to 15mph (25kph)